Sometimes I just want to have a biscuit with my meal, and these cheesy biscuits really hit the spot. They’re worth making just as a side but could also be the base for an impeccable biscuit and gravy meal.
Great news for those of you who can’t consume almond flour – these biscuits are made with coconut! The mixture of coconut flour, eggs, cheese, butter, and flavoring – creates the best keto biscuit I’ve ever tried.
Yields 6 servings of Cheddar and Green Onion Keto Biscuits
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and butter.
2. Mix the eggs with the flour, ensuring there are no lumps.
3. Fold in the cheese and green onion.
4. Drop spoons of the batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned. Brush melted butter over the top when removing from the oven.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Cheddar and Green Onion Keto Biscuits. Each serving comes out to be 272.05 Calories, 22.95g Fats, 4.5g Net Carbs, and 11.57g Protein.
|Cheddar and Green Onion Keto Biscuits||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1/3 cup coconut flour||200||7.7||24||4||20||8.3|
|1/4 teaspoon baking powder||0.6||0.3||0.3|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||10||2.3||0.3||2||0.5|
|3 large eggs||215||14||1.1||1.1||19|
|5 tablespoons melted butter||509||58||0.6|
|1 teaspoon chopped green onion||0.7||0.1||0.1|
|6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese||697||58||3.6||3.6||41|